Stephen Sasine focuses his practice on bankruptcy, debtor/creditor relations, and related litigation, utilizing his extensively broad experience from more than 34 years of practicing law. Stephen represents both debtors and creditors in proceedings under all chapters of the Bankruptcy Code and in the state courts. Before joining McConnell, Sneed & Cohen, LLC he was a sole practitioner and member of Weinstock & Scavo, PC. Stephen is a member of the State Bar of Georgia.
Stephen grew up in New York City, but attended Northside High School in Atlanta. In 1972, he graduated from Auburn University with a B.A. in political science. In 1976, he graduated from John Marshall Law School in Atlanta, Georgia, with a J.D. degree, and has continuously practiced law since then. Stephen and his wife, Joan, also an attorney, live in Sandy Springs, Georgia. They have two adult children and two grandchildren. Stephen is an active community member and a co-founder and former Board member of the TICS camp for children diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome.
- Georgia, 1976
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1976
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 1985
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Georgia, 1976
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Georgia, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1976
- John Marshall Law School, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. (Cum Laude) – 1976
- Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
- B.A., Political Science – 1972
- Diplomat Hotel Corporation
- Rama 5 of Thailand, LLC
- American Freedom Mortgage Corp.
- Southeast Financial Funding Corp.
- Gerber and Gerber, P.C.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, 1979 – Present
- Alpha Epsilon Pi