Steve McConnell has nearly twenty (20) years of litigation experience. His trial practice focuses on catastrophic injury, wrongful death, and business tort litigation. Steve has also had great success in representing State and Local Law Enforcement Officers who are injured by third parties in the line of duty.
Admitted to practice in all Georgia Superior and State Courts, Steve has been rated by his peers as AV, the top designation available by legal publication Martindale Hubbell. He regularly practices in State and Federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels. He has also assisted numerous clients in resolving matters before arbitral forums such as the American Arbitration Association, and has successfully mediated a wide variety of civil cases throughout Georgia.
Steve is also a Colonel in the United States Marine Corps Reserve. He received his commission in 1991 after successful completion of Officers Candidate School, Quantico, VA. He previously served on active duty as a Marine Corps Judge Advocate where he prosecuted cases as a Special Assistant United States Attorney, and tried numerous jury and non-jury trials. He has also deployed for Operations Enduring Freedom and Noble Eagle as the Staff Judge Advocate for the Marine Corps Central Command’s expeditionary anti-terrorist camp in the Horn of Africa.
Currently active in the Marine Corps Reserves, Steve has served as the Company Commander, Headquarters Battalion, Marietta, GA, and as the Commanding Officer of a 1,200 Marine Battalion in Charlotte, NC. He is currently the G-4 Logistics Officer for 4th Marine Logistics Group.
Steve also provides pro bono legal assistance to Wounded Warriors in the Greater Atlanta area.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Automobile Collisions
- Tractor-Trailer Liability
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- University of Bridgeport School of Law, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- J.D – 1993
- Lehigh University
- Bachelor of Arts – 1990
- The Naval Justice School – 1995
Honors and Awards
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubble Peer Review
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- President, Marine Corps Associations of Georgia Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Sandy Springs Bar Association
- Lehigh University Club of Atlanta, and its Athletics Fundraising Initiatives
- Judge Advocate, American Legion
- Member, Marine Corps Association
- State Bar of Pennsylvania (inactive)